Agent on Windows
Process Performance Counters must be enabled
If Process Performance Counters are disabled on your Windows machine, the following message might be found in the Agent log:
No Process counters defined (disabled?)
Information about multi node deployments
For Grid or multi-node deployments of SAS Enterprise Session Monitor, it is recommended to install the SAS Enterprise Session Monitor Agent locally to each node of the Grid.
The following instructions will assume a target installation directory of
Obtain Installation Assets¶
The appropriate SAS Enterprise Session Monitor Agent installation package for your Windows operating system can be obtained from the Boemska Downloads site or by contacting SAS Technical Support.
Once downloaded, unzip the archive to your desired location. The installer is ~200 MB uncompressed.
Install the Agent¶
Elevated privileges required
You may be prompted to grant the SAS Enterprise Session Monitor Installation Wizard elevated privileges. This is required in order to deploy the SAS Enterprise Session Monitor Agent as a Windows Service.
- Double click "esm-agent-setup.exe" to start the installation wizard.
- You will now be presented with a Welcome Screen. Click Next
- You will now be presented with a License Agreement. You must agree to the terms set out in the license agreement in order to continue with the installation. Click I Agree.
- You will now be presented with the Agent settings screen:
- Server Hostname of IP address - This is the hostname or IP address of the machine where you installed your Enterprise Session Monitor Server.
- Server Agent Port - This is the port on which the Agent will communicate with the Server. It should match the value used for the Server installation.
- Agent Hostname - The name of the machine that we are currently installing an Agent too as we would like for it to appear in the Enterprise Session Monitor user interface. By default, this is the hostname of the machine.
- Disks to Monitor - A semi-colon separated list of the disks that the Agent should monitor for IO activity (for example:
C:\;D:\). If blank, the Agent will attempt to automatically detect attached local disks.
- Specify the target install location for the SAS Enterprise Session Monitor Agent using the file browser ensuring that sufficient disk space is available. A new folder can be created from the browse window if necessary. The installer will automatically create an
esm-agentsubfolder within the selected destination folder. Click Install.
- The installation process will begin. This may take a few minutes to complete. Once complete, click Close.
Validate Agent Deployment¶
- From a supported browser, navigate to the Enterprise Session Monitor UI
- The application will load and you will be presented with a login dialog. Enter the credentials used in step 7 of the installation process.
- After successfully logging in, from the main menu on the left, select "Live View" ( icon).
- In the bottom left-hand corner of the page, in the "Nodes" list, you should see an item with the same name as selected in step 4c. Single Click on the node name.
- Single clicking on the name of the node, should open the Node Portlet in full height mode. You should see the chart move slowly from right to left as data about the node comes in to the server.
Created: April 24, 2023